Monday, September 26, 2011

G.G.'s Funeral

Grannie's Funeral by Clover_1
[As transcribed by Daddy]

Today was the big day - we all got ourselves prettied up and headed out for Guelph in order to attend G.G.'s funeral. We stopped for a quick lunch on the way, and arrived at the Church in time to receive several of the guests... a lot of friends and family members that my folks haven't seen in quite some time.

The ceremony was nice - Uncle Armour, Cousin Robin and Daddy all made speeches, cousin Emma played the Viola, and there was singing and prayers and stuff. I'm very happy to report that I was extremely well behaved. Afterward, there were refreshments and a friendly gathering in the common area, where I got to play with my cousins and meet more people.

After a big family portrait (see above), Skye joined us for a long ride home - we got stuck in traffic, but met up with everyone afterwards at our house for dinner. I played video games with Skye and stuff - I got to stay up waaay past my bedtime, which meant that I was pretty exhausted and past my capacity to cope with anything.

We were all so happy to see everyone - G.G. would have been very happy indeed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!