Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The Teddy Bear in Ottawa

Tatooine 3 by Clover_1
[As transcribed by Daddy]

At school today, we started a unit all about war and peace... probably because Remembrance Day is right around the corner. They read us a fascinating story about a kid who mailed a teddy bear to their father, who was fighting overseas in World War One... the father died, so the bear is now in a museum in Ottawa. I was so moved by this story that I planned a trip to Ottawa to see the bear, and slowly retold the story to my parents later in the day.

We also were asked questions about War and Peace... I was asked to answer "What peace tastes like." I said it tasted like my Mommy's homemade honey cake. When I got home, I told Mommy this... she was so happy, she made me a honey cake.

I also wrote a fantastic four-page story about my life, just for the heck of it. I plan to read it in class tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!