Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Checkered Pig

Talking by Clover_1
[As transcribed by Daddy on January 1st, 2012]

This morning Nana made a big batch of bacon for breakfast. The second she would take it out of the pan and onto the table, I'd eat it. Before anyone realized what was happening, I had consumed about a half a package of bacon. Delicious!

The bacon apparently gave me superhuman energy, because soon afterwards I could be found doing somersaults in the living room while everyone else just kinda sat around. Eager to have me burn off some energy, the bunch of us drove off for Danville in he early afternoon.

Nana and Jim took my parents and I to the Checkered Pig - apparently a popular barbecue joint here in the area. I pigged out on delicious ribs, and everyone else ate so much they wanted to pass out. Apparently eating a smoked chicken and hush puppies makes Daddy speak (and moan) with a southern accent.

After a quick trip to the mall and a stop for some frozen yogurt, we all had a pretty quiet evening (sans dinner) at home. I'll be sure to dream of roasted pigs.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!