Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Welcome Home, Daddy!

Sokka by Clover_1
[As transcribed by Mommy]

Mondays are my favourite day of the week. I get to go back to school, I go to swimming (well, not anymore), and I go to Sparks. This Monday is especially awesome because my daddy is coming home!! I have really missed him.

Today I wanted to start the day with my new favourite thing - Avatar! And can you believe it? Mommy said ok! She must like that show, too. We're sad because its almost over, but I'm happy because when its done, we can start all over again! Check out the drawing I made of Sokka - he is my favourite person character in Avatar.

In school, we have been learning about 3 dimensional shapes, and today we started making a fantasy playground using all of our knowledge of said shapes! I'm making a rock climber with my friend Adon out of a cookie box. And then I want to make a train, and a balloon ride, and a roller coaster and bumper cars, and giant swings, and game booths, and an ice cream stand, and… well you get the idea.

There was a bake sale at morning and afternoon recess today, and Mommy let me bring some of my money to buy something. I bought a candy stick thing in the morning, and I shared it with my friend Helena. In the afternoon, I couldn't find my money so I didn't buy anything. I found my money after school. It was in my pocket! Mommy let me stop at the corner to buy something with it. I bought Starburst, but Mommy would only let me eat one!! After I bought them with my own money!!

At Sparks, we got cookies to sell, and we made our own cookies out of play dough. It was a lot of fun. I might have been a little difficult and out of control, so I don't know that Mommy had as much fun as I did.

When I got home, Daddy was back!! I was so happy to see him; I gave him a really big hug... And then I asked for my present. It was a cool Luchador mask like the Mexican wrestlers wear. I can't wait to take it to school to show my class. He also brought home some neat artwork, an Aztec calendar, and a Día de los Muertos painted skull. All of those things were great, but I was most happy just to have Daddy home.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Daddy said...

On very little sleep, we all managed to get our stuff packed (I successfully packed all of my gear and food and presents into my one suitcase) and had a light breakfast before making our way to the airport. We all looked like a bunch of hung-over zombies, wandering around the duty free shops.

The flight home was long, but I watched movies, snoozed a bit, and helped Jon put together a new campaign for a potential client. Not too shabby.

Once we were back in Toronto, we all said our good-byes. I really hope that I get to see a lot of these people again... we formed close bonds and real friendships... agency people, actors, directors, crew... all-in-all, it was a really awesome shoot in a pretty amazing and exotic location - earthquakes and pyramids and all. Coming back to Toronto after being in such a colourful, warm, and dynamic place is a little... mundane.

But man, am I ever happy to see my family again. I've missed them so much.

10:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!