Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August's Day of Fooling Day

[As transcribed by Daddy]

After yesterday's multiple thunderstorms and the torrential downpours, the back yard was soaking wet, the ground was muddy, and my swing was pretty damp. I tried swinging on it with a towel, but I only ended up adding a dirty towel to the clutter in the back yard. The humidity inside the house is bad, too - all of Daddy's art books are getting damp!

Mommy and I played some board games inside, and took a walk over to that new flower shop next to the corner store and bought some stargazer lilies (because they're Daddy's favourite flowers).

According to me, today is 'August's Day of Fooling Day' - Mommy and I swapped tall tales, and then baked an 'August's Day of Fooling Day' pie (aka Mixed-Berry Marshmallow Pie).

After Daddy came home from work, he realized he left his anniversary present for Mommy in his desk at the office, so we all had to go down there to get it. I had a blast, but was exhausted and pretty crabby when Gammy and Grandpa gave my folks their anniversary gift - I was hoping there'd be a new dinosaur in there for me!

Listening to: Datarock - Red


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a happy kid living with my parents and our dog in Toronto. I'm goofy, sweet, smart, extremely chatty, and pretty much the cutest kid on the face of the Earth!